Taylor, Texas is located in Williamson County at the intersection of US Highway 79 and State Highway 95. Taylor was founded in 1876 as Taylorsville, in honor of an International & Great Northern Railroad executive, a post office opened that same year.
Tanglewood, Texas is 5 miles northwest of Lexington in northwestern Lee County on US Highway 77. The area was first settled as String Prarie in 1856 by the Rev. Hugh Wilson, who founded the String Prairie Presbyterian Church.
Structure, Texas is 10 miles southeast of Taylor in southeast Williamson County on FM 619. Structure was founded sometime in the 1920s, and once had a cotton gin, filling station, and several other businesses.